How much would it be to carry out tree surgery or remove a tree?

This can vary greatly depending on factors such as size and location, and the equipment that we will need to complete the work.  Please contact us and we can arrange to come out and advise you on the best course of action, and make recommendations based on the tree and it’s situation.  This is a free service we provide, following which we will provide you with a no obligation quote.

How do I know if my tree has a TPO (Tree Preservation Order) or if I am in a Conservation Area?

You can either contact your local Council to check if you are, or we can check for you.  If the tree is protected by a TPO, or you are in a Conservation Area we can submit a application to carry out works on your behalf.  Please be aware that the law allows the courts to impose fines of up to £20,000 for unauthorised work to protected trees.

We’re trying to get planning permission on a plot of land but we need to submit a Tree Report. Can you help?

Yes, we have in-house tree surveyors who can produce Tree Reports and Impact Assessments in accordance with BS5837: 2012 for Planning.  Please call us to discuss your requirements.

I have mature trees in my garden. Can you tell me how safe they are?

We can carry out a full tree survey for you and provide a written Tree Condition Report/Risk Assessment in accordance with BS 3998:2010, to assess your trees and their condition.  Please call us to arrange this service.

When do I need a Felling Licence?

A Felling License is required to fell trees from the Forestry Commission.  In any calendar quarter you may fell up to 5 cubic metres on your property without a license as long as no more than 2 cubic metres are sold.  It is an offence to fell trees without a license where one is required.  The rules are slightly different for gardens and certain types of felling do not need permission, please contact us and we will advise you further.

I’m not too sure what to do with my tree?

Please feel free to contact us and we can come out and advise you as to what would be best for the tree, and provide a no obligation quote.

Are you insured?

Yes, of course.  You should always check to see if a Tree Surgeon is fully insured.  We have Public Liability Insurance for up to £5,000,000.  Details are available on request.

Are you on any Trade Registers?

Yes, we are on the Approved Contractors List for both Shropshire Council and Telford & Wrekin Council, and Registered Contractors with the Environmental Agency.

I only have a small garden. Will your machinery fit into it?

We have a range of compact machinery, and will always try and help out with access problems.

What will happen to the brash?

We use a Woodchipper to chip all the brash.  You can either keep this for your own use or we will happily take it away for you.  We take pride in our work and endeavour to ensure that your site is clean, tidy and safe for you when we leave.

Do you do hedge cutting?

Yes, we specialise in hedge trimming and shaping.  Please have a look at our hedge trimming page to see some of the hedges we have completed.  We pride ourselves on the quality of our work.

I have some annoying stumps that are always in the way of mowing, what can I do?

We have various Stump Grinders capable of grinding out every size of tree stump, and can grind out to a minimum of 250mm below ground level.  Please contact us for a price as this can vary due to the size of stump.